Monday, August 26, 2013

8 Cups. Every Day.

Since I've moved almost a mile into the sky, it's been even more apparent to me that I do not drink near enough water. Occasionally I will wake up feeling sick to my stomach and light headed. I'm no stranger to the feelings of dehydration, and it's something I'm trying to work on. 

So recently my husband came across an app called Waterin. It is a super simple tool that helps you keep track of your water intake and sends you alerts throughout the day letting you know that it's time for more water! 
source
At first I was annoyed because I wasn't  doing a very good job and it was simply serving as a reminder that I am terrible at drinking water. However, slowly but surely, it has made me much more aware of how much water I'm drinking, and although I still struggle to hit the daily recommended amount, this app has definitely helped me make water a more constant thing to have around. 

So if you're having a hard time hitting that 8 glasses a day quota, I encourage you to download this FREE app, Waterin. (available on the iPhone, iPad, Android and possibly other stuff, idk)

BONUS:
If it's a really hot day (shout out, Texas) or you are a more active person (working on iiiit .....) then you do have the option of changing the amount of water you would like to consume every day! 8 glasses is just the suggested minimum. 

BONUS BONUS:
I think it's also helpful to have a reusable water bottle that holds at least a liter. It serves as an additional reminder to carry with you at all times and is another way to visualize how much water you are drinking/need to drink. 

Cheers to staying hydrated!

Thanks for reading!
Bye friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment