Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Thai food and the kindness of a stranger.

If you know me well, you know I love Thai food. Abilene locals may know about the little gem that is Ann's Thai. If you live in Abilene and haven't tried it, I really encourage you to do so (it's on South 1st next to Willis)! Even of you've never had Thai food. Go. Get the chicken pad Thai your first time. And if you're down for something a little different, try the yellow curry! It's my favorite meal of all time ever. Their Thai spring rolls are also exceptional. (also, don't go by the reviews on yelp for this place, in my opinion, most of them are inaccurate)

But when coming to Denver, I knew Thai food restaurants would be in abundance, but that didn't mean they could hold a candle to Ann's (I'm what you might call a super fan). But, I think we might've come across a pretty solid competitor. 

This place had really great reviews on yelp (new BFF), and it wasn't too far from our place. I was willing to give it a shot due to my withdraws from Ann's. 

I ordered the Pad See Eew w/ tofu because I wasn't mentally ready to try their yellow curry yet. It was so great! The sauce and spices they used were a little different tasting at first, but it didn't take long for my taste buds to be into it. And the tofu was cooked perfectly! 


Jonathan got the Thai Basil Fried Rice and it was soooo good! SO GOOD.


I don't know food terminology well enough to explain to you how flavorful and delicious this rice was so you'll just have to trust me. Exceptional. 

On top of the excellent food, the service was just beyond. Our server was so friendly and when he found out we were new to the area he took the time to get to know us a little better and was just so helpful and kind. When we moved here, we were thankful to have a few friends in the area, but when relocating the kindness of strangers is sometimes all you have to go on. He is one of the main reasons I can't wait to return to Udom Thai! And who knows...maybe I'll even try the yellow curry next time...

New apartment tour coming soon! (Hopefully..if we can ever get this place togetherrr..)
...and probably more posts about food...

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment