Monday, June 17, 2013

Everyone should move to a new place with their best friend.

Why? Because its scary. Exciting. Fun. Intimidating. Stressful... etc. It pretty much hits on every emotion level. And that happens for awhile. As in ...I don't see a calm in the near future, but that's why we did this. To get away from the calm. To endure the new, the different, the fast paced.

So far it's been...an adventure! Duh. In good ways and bad..as some of y'all may have seen from my previous post. But now I'm ready to show off our new city...

When the workers came to refinish some of the surfaces in our apartment, we had to leave because of the fumes...and of course we had to take our pup. We saw this as an opportunity to go into Denver and to try something new! So we went to City Park, which I believe is Denver's largest park, and it was beautiful. So green! So big. Lots of great jogging trails, a zoo, and a lake (possibly several? that's what I've read, but we just saw one) where you can kayak, paddle boat, paddle board etc.! We walked the trail for a bit then relaxed on a bench by the lake.




Locke loved it, especially the abundance of squirrels. I wish he was better at being on a leash. He pulls! So much. Any advice on how to fix that? I want to be able to jog/walk with him without him pulling me the whole way. 

Anyways!

The park was great, and within walking distance of a restaurant that I wanted to try called Denver Biscuit Company. I found the restaurant with the Yelp app which has become my new best friend. When relocating to a big new city, it's a must! So thankful for it. So since DBC was only about 1/2 a mile away, welcomed pets on the patio, had been featured on the food network, and had great reviews, we decided to head over for brunch. SUCH A GOOD DECISION.

I got the biscuit with shiitake vegetarian gravy topped with an egg over hard....


& J got the DBC club


Our drinks - a classic mimosa for me and Chainbreaker white IPA for J


They even brought Locke a bowl of ice water which he LOVED.


All of it was outstanding! The service was excellent and the patio seating was just what we wanted it to be. We will definitely be returning! 

We are thankful to be able to have experiences like this in our new city, and look forward to many many more! 

I have some other restaurants to tell ya'll about, so stay tuned :) 



Thanks for reading!

1 comment: