Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Save Snail Mail

First things first ..... I can barely handle this adorable illustration from Lydia Nichols. Please visit her site! She does great things.


Recently I have been really getting a kick out of sending and receiving letters and packages. It's just a fun thing to do, and it generally takes minimal effort, but a whole lot of thought! And that's what really matters.

I know that the mail system isn't as hoppin' as it used to be, but it's something that I never want to see go away. Memories of receiving holiday and birthday cards from my friends and family will always make me smile.

If you've been pondering mailing a letter or note to someone, do it! It's so fun. Try being pen pals with a friend or family member who lives far away, or maybe just start making a point to send birthday cards to your friends and family every year (this is definitely something I want to start doing!).

Needing some more encouragement to start utilizing snail mail? Try some of these creative ideas and have fun with it!

Try making some DIY envelope liners with this tutorial from Cotton & Flax


Make your own envelopes from some scrap paper you have lying around. Martha Stewart and the crafts dept. blog make it easy!


Get some adorable stationary that you can't imagine NOT using! Like these gorgeous cards from Rifle Paper Co. (you really cannot go wrong with Rifle, explore their site if you haven't already! You will fall in love!)


BONUS
If you could be pen pals with anyone ever, who would it be? I should probably answer this question now, but I really need to think about it for awhile! So many options .....

Well I hope you are all having a wonderful day, and I hope even more that you are thinking about sending a lucky someone a letter very soon!

Thanks for reading. 
Bye friends! 

2 comments:

  1. i love this post! i love sending mail, it's one of my favorite things! :) Glad to know there's someone out there that loves it as much as me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Absolutely. I love it. I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete