Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bithday Day, Birthday Pancakes!

YAY YAY YAY! Today is my BIRTHDAY!

To celebrate, I decided to make myself some birthday pancakes! (why not, ya know?)

Originally I told myself that I was not going to be stingy on any of the ingredients. I wanted full fat, full sugar, delicious pancakes. But I decided it would be more fun (and healthier or w/e) to create my own Greek Yogurt Birthday Pancakes recipe. So I did!








font used: Quicksand

RECIPE:
1 small container of Vanilla Greek Yogurt (mine was 5.3oz)
1/2 Cup of Cake Mix (your choice of flavor, I did the kind with sprinkles in it, duh)
1 Egg
A Splash of Milk (this is kind of optional, and I used almond milk)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Combine yogurt and cake mix.
2. Add the egg and mix until the lumps are gone.
3. Add a splash of milk if your batter seems a little too thick. (you can add more if you want if you prefer a thinner batter)

..... now there's your pancake batter! I'm not going to give instructions on how to cook a pancake because frankly I still don't have it mastered and I also think that it's one of those things that people generally have their own method of doing. But if you are completely new to it here is a link to some great pancake cooking instructions!

BONUS: Toppings
- I used frozen whipped cream!
- You could add some fruit, maybe something fun like pineapple?
- Icing.
- I think some good ol' maple syrup would work just fine.
- This delicious looking buttermilk caramel syrup.

This wraps up birthday week!
Thank you all for enduring my birthday posts. I hope you weren't overwhelmed (or annoyed) with them, but I just really really love birthdays. I love the feeling you have when you wake up on your birthday, and I love the carefree happiness that comes with a birthday. In fact, I think you should pretend it's your birthday for a little bit today and do something special or out of the ordinary.

Well, I'm off to enjoy today!

Thanks for reading.
Bye friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment