Saturday, February 2, 2013

Listen: The Pines

I've started having these moments where I'm like "Yep. I'm gonna blog about that." And this post is the result of one of those moments!  So, I want to share my thoughts on a band that I am just now hearing and really enjoying.

I came across this band while listening to a live recording of "Ballad For My One True Love" by Mason Jennings. At the end of the song, he mentions the band that opened ... The Pines! So I decided to check them out, and I'm glad I did! I enjoy the folky sound and unique voices.

So far this is my favorite album ...
SOURCE

I particularly like the song "Baby, You'll Do"

Here are some other songs of theirs that have stood out ...

- - "Light Under the Door" on the Sparrows In The Bell album
- - "Cry Cry Crow" from their most recent album Dark So Gold
- - "All the While" also from Dark So Gold

From what I can tell, all of their albums are a bit different. I like how their website says it...
"The Pines weave together many musical styles to create their own unique sound that is hip and haunting."
So accurate!

BONUS:
The guys that make up the band are David Huckfelt and Benson Ramsey who's father, Bo Ramsey, produced some of their albums and is a celebrated guitarist himself! Pretty cool.

Check them out and let me know what you think. Or if you're already a fan let me know what your favorite songs are and why you like The Pines!

No comments:

Post a Comment