Thursday, January 24, 2013

A NEW SERIES! Now Trendy: Golden Things

Hello friends!

I've decided to start a regular series called "Now Trendy." Within in this series I will post about trendy things and share my thoughts.

For the first installment I want to talk about all things GOLD. Glitz has been around for awhile but I've noticed a prominence of gold. Here are some ways that gold has stood out to me.

THIS PERFECT LITTLE RING via VERAMEAT
 THIS QUIRKY BANK via MOD CLOTH
THESE METALLIC DOILIES via ETSY
THES GOLD DIPPED TWIG PENCILS via ETSY
THIS PARTY INSPIRATION via A BLISSFUL NEST
It's everywhere right now!

DO YOU LIKE IT? 
Yeah! I really do. I think a fun but still chic and classy way to spruce up life. It's just great. 

HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?
Well, when it comes to jewelry -- forever. But I think with clothing, decor and event inspiration in the extreme sense will fade out after awhile. However, accenting with gold will always remain popular, especially around the holidays!

BONUS: This was the cake topper at one of my best friends weddings! Isn't it so cute? That preciousness will never fade! (p.s. she made them!)

VIA CAROLINE JOY PHOTOGRAPHY

... I recently did a golden DIY project! It was super easy. I'll share in a follow up post!

What are some ways gold has inspired/stood out to you?





4 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm with you on the gold thing. It's a serious trend and I'm all for it. I'm obsessed with the party inspiration picture you posted -- too cute! I like the "now trendy" series. Can't wait for more!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Julie! And I agree, I would totally attend the party inspired by that picture! So glad you like the series.

      Delete
  2. anything that is hot pink and gold, i buy it.

    ReplyDelete