Friday, September 9, 2011

DIY Dessert Stand

These past two weeks have been so wonderful and SO busy! I am so glad to be back at school for my last full semester as a college student. (AH!)

The week before classes started I got in a really crafty mood. I redid my room and did lots of thrift shopping! Some of my thrift store finds inspired me to create a cute and simple dessert stand that I saw on pinterest. (uh duh)

Materials:
Plate
Glassware with a stem (Lots of options!)
-- The plate and cup that I used cost me around $3 at a local antique store and I probably could have found even cheaper options at goodwill.
Silicone Sealant (This may sound scary but it so easy to find and so easy to use! I got mine at Wal-mart.)
Frost glass spray
Spray paint (Any color!)


I started by centering the glass on the plate and making marks with a sharpie.



Then I secured the glass to the plate with the silicone.

Read the instructions on your silicone to know how long to let it sit. I let mine sit over night.


Once the silicone is dry, apply the frost glass spray. This helps the spray paint stick.


Let dry then apply spray paint. Several coats may be needed.


Creative, cute, simple, EASY. Love it. I am having a few problems with the spray paint chipping, but I think it has something to do with type I bought. I would also like to make some in fun colors :)

Lots of inspiration for the blog, being back at school and all, so hopefully I'll be posting more frequently!

That's all for now..
Bye, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment