Thursday, July 21, 2011

Something Homemade and an Iced Coffee Follow Up

My parents, sister & boyfriend are all in town this week! So, naturally, I decided to let the domestic goddess within me shine, and I made some homemade cinnamon rolls.

I love love love cinnamon rolls. They are easily one of my favorite sweet treats! And making them from complete scratch is a huge accomplishment for me. I'll be honest, I had to throw away my first batch of dough. But the second batch was perfect! And luckily, the dough is easy to make.





They ended up being delicious. The icing was amazing and so simply made from butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla.

To learn how exactly to cut the cinnamon rolls, I watched a video from Paula Deen. She's not my favorite (mainly because she reminds me of my high school geometry teacher) but the video helped a lot.

Most importantly my dad, who is quite the foody, said that they were some of the best he had ever had. Not only because they were made by his daughter, but because they weren't too dry and weren't too doughy. They were just right.

I found the recipe on Pinterest (ob. sessed.) and you can find it here!

And now for a follow up! I made the iced coffee from my Desperate blog post, and so did my lovely friend Caitlin (or Caima, as some know her).

Hayley's!

Caima's!
We both love with how it turned out! I enjoy having a pitcher in the fridge to use whenever I like. It's very convenient and you can personalize it by adding your own amount of cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon etc.

At one point during the process I thought I had added too much water, but I just let it all sit for a bit longer than eight hours and it turned out just fine! It's basically fool proof. I definitely recommend it for any iced coffee lovers.

That's all for now. Bye, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment