Monday, August 5, 2013

Bye, Google Reader. Helloooo, Feedly.

Well, I hadn't been keeping up with my blogs lately .... I've been mildly preoccupied with being unemployed .... so when I went to sign on to my google reader the other day and found that it was NO LONGER A THING, I panicked. BUT, they were kind enough to suggest other options, and I went with Feedly.

I'm all about easy to figure out and easy to use. I've only been on Feedly for a couple of days but I am liking it overall. I haven't utilized all that it can do yet, and I don't really know if I'll need to, I just want all my blogs in one place and this does that for me. You can use your gmail info to log in, so you don't have to create a new profile if you don't want to. And the lay out is clean, well designed, and easy to work with.

So, thank you Feedly, for being there for me when Google Reader no longer could be.

What readers do you guys use? AND bigger question, what blogs do you read? I realized recently that there is whole world of blogs out there that I don't read and should .... so I am open to suggestions! Leave a comment with your personal favorites.

8 comments:

  1. I've told you this before, but Little Chief Honeybee. :) I'm not as avid a reader as I used to be, but I still check her out from time to time.

    http://honeybeeinthecity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have that one on my feedly! Love it. Thank you for that recomendation.

      Delete
  2. Oh oh! & http://dearscarlet.tumblr.com/

    Fun little take on parenting. Heartbreaking at times. They don't post too too often, but each one is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. todaysletters.com

    Favorite. Also, mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog, Emily! I day dream about making that chocolate cobbler. Thanks for your suggestion!

      Delete
  4. My favorite is camillestyles.com, of course I'm biased because that's where I interned/wrote for a while but Camille is incredible!

    Love your blog, Hayley! Definitely making it a regular read. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin! Yes, I love Camille Styles! I've been a reader since you interned there. Such a cool blog. She works with some amazing people.

      Thank you for reading and for your sweet words, friend! Miss you, too!

      p.s. I'm dreaming of a JMC reunion .....

      Delete