Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Grab Bag Of Sorts

Hey guys!

I want to start out by saying thank you to those of you who sent me little bits of encouragement yesterday after I posted "I just need to 'do me' for awhile." I'll be honest, it was a little embarrassing to post something like that, but it felt really good and yesterday being my first full day with out social media went really well. I'm looking forward to this time and what it is going to do for me. Now, I promise that I won't constantly post about this, but occasionally I will in order to hold myself accountable.

So, that being said, one of the (many) reasons that I am trying to rid my life of various distractions is so that I am able to do things that I truly love doing, or have wanted to try doing. Instead of grabbing my phone to mindlessly stare at it, I want to grab things (get the post title now?? heh) that will make me feel more productive. Things like .....

1. Craft Supplies
When I was little I was ...... adorable. And along with being adorable and a bit chunky, I was all about crafting. I still craft occasionally but not near as much as I would like to. So I want to channel my 10 year old self and craft my heart out.

BONUS: Some DIYs I am particularly excited about
- DIY Oversized "Gallery Prints" via little chief honey bee
- T-Shirt Headbands via Milo&Ben
- And I want to experiment with making homemade beauty products such as lip balm, deoderant and soap!

2. Tennis Shoes/Yoga Pants
So my husband and I have been trying to eat better lately. It's actually been going pretty well. We both feel good about it. But we cheat on the weekends, because we love food to much not too. Anyways, all that is great, but we have not been working out really at all, and that's just silly. So I am really wanting to try to make that a big part of this whoooole thing.

BONUS:
I'm particularly wanting to get into Hot Yoga. Have ya'll heard about this? It's also called Bikram Yoga and apparently It can change your life. It has SO many benefits, and if it becomes a regular thing for you than it will more than likely increase your daily water intake (which can't hurt!). Read this to learn more about all of the benefits!

3. A Book
I have never been much of a reader. More so when I was little, I rrreeally loved (and still love) Roald Dahl. But through High School and college I only made it through the occasional book. But it's a goal of mine to make it through all of the Harry Potter series. I have had all of the books since they came out and have never made it through book 4. So wish me luck!

BONUS: Books I want to read after I make it though HP .....
- The Wild Wood Chronicles (written by the lead singer of the decemberists)
- Less Is More: Embracing Simplicity for a Healthy Planet, a Caring Economy and Lasting Happiness
- Clean Gut: The Breakthrough Plan for Eliminating the Root Cause of Disease and Revolutionizing Your Health

OK, well, I don't know what has gotten into me with these super wordy posts but, I'm thinking tomorrow I will post about the festivals that Jonathan took me too for post-birthday weekend! (aka there will be pictures) So, that'll be fun.

Thanks for reading!
Bye friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment