Saturday, July 6, 2013

More food and a hike.

Oh what's that? You want to know more about the wonderful food we're having up here? Oh ok.......

First up we have The Yard House which is located along the infamous 16th Street Mall. We went on a Friday night while "Make Music Denver" was going on so it was decently crowded, but we managed to beat the rush by getting there around 5. That way we were also able enjoy happy hour which is 3-6 M-F!
Alright here are the goods ....

My drink: The Hawaiian Mule (pineapple infused vodka, ginger beer & mint) I love moscow mules and pineapple so this was a wonderful treat for me. But unfortunately it gave me acid reflux because apparently that's a thing for me now......


Whatever. It was still really delicious.

Then we had some spinach cheese dip with pita chips as an appetizer .... really yummy, but really rich! I would have liked it better with tortilla chips. Pita chips are just too much sometimes.


And then we shared a margherita pizza (also on happy hour), which was SO GOOD. Tomatoes, garlic, & basil. Yum, yum, & yum. And not to mention beautiful.


Next up is Doghouse Tavern. This place is really close to our apartment and kinda tucked away. It has a really fun vibe and really good food.

J got the Philly Cheesestake and loved it.


I got a GIANT HOT DOG.


It was great and I was able to take half it home. We both got the homemade potato chips which are hit or miss at some restaurants, but here they were a hit!

We made it to happy hour here as well, but coors and coors light drafts are always $2 so that makes every hour happy hour, right?

And finally .... this has nothing to do with food but .... we went on our first hike! The hike led us to Maxwell Falls. It was 2 miles there and 2 miles back. It was a "moderate" level hike, but a lot of it was uphill, so for me if was reasonably difficult.

Here are some photos! It was so beautiful and the weather was great.






^^ At this point I was wishing this was the falls. It wasn't, but this was my favorite spot on the hike!



^^ The falls! We're actually at the top of it. We weren't sure how to be at the bottom of it, so this is the only picture we have of Maxwell Falls, ha. We ate lunch up here though, and that was pretty cool. 



^^ what?




I'm hoping to make hiking a regular activity for us. It's a fun way to get exercise because you kinda forget that you're getting exercise.

Anyways, that's all for now. I hope ya'll never get tired of posts about food because I can't guarantee they'll stop. I should probably do a craft or something, huh? We'll see.......

Thanks for reading!
Bye friends.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and will enjoy your Colorado adventures as you post. Colorado is THE place to be this time of year, especially, but I think would be a great place to live. Exactly where are you all living, what big town is it close to? Hugs to you both! Beverly Glass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beverly! We live in Englewood which is right by Denver. We are really loving it!

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete