Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wedding Trends

If you know me, you know I love all things wedding. I am interning at a wedding venue this summer and have been faithfully keeping track of wedding trends as much as possible with the help of blogs and of course, pinterest.

So I decided to do a post about some of my current favorite wedding trends!

1. Succulents

Photo Source: Style Me Pretty

I have become very interested in the floral aspect of weddings and really love succulents. They are starting to show up not only in bouquets but center pieces, boutonnieres and ceremony decor as well.

In my opinion, succulents are extremely versatile and can be used for any season and according to my research they do well growing in all types of weather. I think they are so unique! And apparently, they aren't much of a new trend and were used often by the victorians.

2. Hanging jar backdrop

Photo Source: Wedding Bee

This is stunning. You can fill the jars with candles, flowers, rocks, beads or really anything you can think of that would match your decor. I love the look and think it can add layers and dimensions to any ceremony style.

3. Dessert Tables

Photo Source: Jesi Haack Design

It is so easy to get caught up in the wedding cake when planning a wedding. But, I am really loving the idea of including all types of desserts in the reception. Not everyone likes cake but including some cookies, brownies, & lemon bars in your menu could really appeal to and impress your guests. (Not to mention it gives room to show off more of your wedding style)

This is something that I would enjoy incorporating this in my own wedding someday but would like to still include a 2 layer cake as to keep with tradition and to have some to celebrate with on our 1 year anniversary.

-- I can't wait to see other trends that show up for the fall wedding season!

That's all for now. Bye, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment